WEEk #1: Learning shapes and picture recognition

This week, I started to seriously teach my 23months daughter. At first, I was hesitant about the things I have to teach her.

After research and reading blogs about moms doing homeschool, their methods and curriculum I thought my daughter does not need to learn things fast. Slowly but surely. I started introducing her to shapes and the alphabets.

We started on Circle shape on our day 1, Square on day 2, and so on.
Also, everyday, I recite the alphabets so she can easily grasp and remember it. In her age, Repitition is the best method to recall her lessons.
She pretty enjoys watching rhymes at youtube

We also use youtube to  let her hear some different alphabet songs.

She's pretty enjoying. And LEARNING. Next week would be different. I will introduce colors and will try to give her a coloring book and see what's gonna happen.

I still need your advice. The challenge in this task is her age. I hope to hear thoughts from homeschool moms and learn from each other.

This was her Day 1. Asking for milk.

Comments

Unknown said…
hey mare i got new URL pala...

http://everyday-is-a-new-day-vhen.blogspot.com

paki-follow ulit ha...
Unknown said…
mare, im sharing an award to you..

check it here:

http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-blog-award.html

congratz! :)
Henry Cate said…
At two I wouldn't worry too much about academic kind of stuff. You might find the Moore's book Better Late than Early interesting.

I think the it is important to find a balance of exposing young children to learning fairly basic stuff, but not to push them.

I also think it is important, maybe more important that academic topics, to teach more character traits and basic principles. Things like:

Security. If your daughter feels safe at home as a child, then as an adult she'll be ready to face the world.

Confidence. If your daughter tries hard things and masters them, then she'll know she is capable.

Consequences. This may be one of the most important lessons every. Children need to learn that their choices have consequences. Too many people seem sleep through school and then are truely surprised when they suffer later in life.

Good luck!
Nikki said…
Your daughter is sooo cute!
By the way, I'm your newest follower on GFC!