Movie Review: Underworld Awakening

I watched Underworld 4: Awakening this afternoon together with my husband, our first date for 2012. We were supposed to bring our 2-year old daughter to watch with us but we decided not to bring her this afternoon and so we can have time together as a couple. Watching movie together is one of the many things we missed doing together for the past months.


Anyway, its a good thing she didn't come with us, because this movie is not for her age afterall. The movie in which I call  "bloody" is like a celebration of violence. Too much killing and fighting for survival and extinction. 

Kate Beckinsale or Selene, a strong-willed vampire, a fighter, and a lover proves her enduring love for Michael, her hybrid lover. Along her quest for vengeance and to find him, she met their daughter. One line I like the most is when Selene said to her daughter, "...I'm not cold, I'm just broken." She didn't know how to be a mother at first because she is so focused about finding Michael. 

Totally, the movie was not that good for me. I hope the fifth installment is not always about Selene that other characters are forgotten.

P.S. If you're into Underworld, you can find the DVDs or the Blu-Ray at a discounted price HERE



Comments

I haven't watched this movie yet but I can imagine how violent it can be! Hahaha Kate Beckinsale looks so hot in that corset though. Makes me want to dress like her as well. hahaha :)
ChicSassyMom said…
I love Kate Beckinsale...and we love the Underworld series, so looking forward to watching it. :)
Best Regards,
Des of chicsassymom.com
I love full-action packed movie. But this one, Underworld Awakening, seems to get my curiosity. I want to see this movie to prove or find out for myself why there is so much fighting, killing for survival or for extinction. I want to see a strong-willed vampire and a fighter like Selene.

Reaction from Gil Camporazo of RandomThoughts!
my hubby will love this movie for sure!!! thanks! Gemma of My Dailies
Unknown said…
I'm still gonna watch it kasi napanood ko na the first 3 ... labo no? Hahaha ... but its a good thing you have couple time :)
Unknown said…
wow!what a coincidence..my husband and i also had our first movie date this 2012 and this was the movie we watched...though the movie is a bit bloody,i can relate to the role of Kate since i am also a mother (newbie actually since my baby is just turning 8 months old)..
Italia said…
I have to admit my expectations were low after watching Rise of the Lycans. Underworld Awakening was not only action packed from beginning to end, the movie encompossed a great plot with some nice surprises and a well written script I might add. Selene is one the sexiest vampires in my book. Very entertaining. Loved it from beginning to end.